I was pleased to see a small guava tree when we purchased our house. Its a berry I dont see around much, and I have memories of guava jam/jelly around at relatives when I was young.
Searching around the net, I found this tasty sounding recipe from G&H:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup guava nectar, canned
- 2 kiwifruits, peeled and diced (1 cup)
Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; reserve. Cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time. On low speed, beat in half the flour mixture and then the guava nectar. Add remaining flour mixture; mix just until blended. Fold in kiwifruit. Divide batter among paper-lined muffin cups filling almost to the top.
Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool muffins on wire rack.
Image shot on the GRD IV and edited in Gimp.